I’ll start by apologizing because I KNOW there are numerous posts here with people asking how to get Sega and PCEngine CDs to run in RetroPie. Unfortunately, for every one I’ve come across I have tried the offered solutions and while the original posters generally responded “Thanks, that did the trick!” I still found myself unable to get the games to play.
Let me break down what I’ve got going so far:
1) I have .bin/.cue files for the games in the appropriate ROM folders (“megadrive” and “pcengine” respectively)
2) I have edited es_systems.cfg to add .bin .BIN .cue .CUE to the entries for Genesis and Turbo Grafx 16.
3) I have created a directory “/pi/home/RetroPie/bios” folder and in it I have put the following files (note that I have two sets of SegaCD bios files because I’ve seen different posts saying they should be named different things):
4) I have edited the retroarch.cfg (All) to include the line: system_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/bios
5) I have altered the .cue files to exactly reflect the file name of the .bin letter for letter, taking case sensitivity into account.
6) I have also (just for good measure) placed copies of the bios files in their respective systems’ ROM folders as well.
After all of this, still when I select a SegaCD or PCEngineCD game (either with the .bin file or the .cue file) it shows the terminal screen loading the files but then immediately dumps me back into the EmulatioStation menu again.
Am I overlooking something? I feel like I’ve followed all of the directions I have seen that have apparently worked for others but it still isn’t working for me. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks so much!