Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello

I’m fairly new the the whole raspberry pi scene (done a few GPIO L.E.Ds in college)and i have recently purchased a raspberry pi and over the last few days have been trying to install retro pie onto it. I’ve been using the tutorials on you tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUh5Q3guZ5U to help me do it with ease. and its all worked fine up until the part where you install your controller. TBH right now i want to jump out my window, its honestly the most frustrated I’ve been in ages. SO literally the problem is, i have a 3rd party wireless receiver i use on my PC for my 360 controller, so i followed the tutorial on the video and it wont work, i then done some research and tried the guide here on petrock but that didn’t work either. When i run the config.cfg file it picks it my controller as a Lin something?

So could someone redirect me to a guide that shows how to do it or is it a simpel problem that im doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help :)

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Hi, start with a new image of RetroPie 1.9.1 on your SD card: https://www.petrockblock.com/download/retropie-project-image/
    Boot the Pi up and SSH in, then run:

sudo apt-get install xboxdrv

After it has installed run

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

You need to add this line:

xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent &
    sleep 1

just before exit 0

so it reads:

fi
    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent & sleep 1
    exit 0

Reboot and your pad should connect. If it doesn’t the 3rd party receiver may be incompatible. Assuming it does connect you can then follow the prompts on screen to input controls for Emulation Station. Then please follow post #2 in this thread to configure your Xbox pad:

That should get you up and running with the main emulators, hope this helps!

chincey
    Participant

Holy shitt dude, I actually love you. You have actually just saved me so much frustration its unbelievable! My controller is now successfully connected to my pi :D the only other question i have is that if i want to connect another controller then how do I do that?

A huge thanks again man :)

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Glad you got it working :-) To connect another pad you just need to add another line to /etc/rc.local (straight after the other line you added):
    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 1 --led 3 --deadzone 4000 --silent & sleep 1

Info from the RetroPie Wiki: https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

Then you will need to add 2 player controls to your Retroarch.cfg, just copy the player 1 controls and paste underneath. Then change input_player1_joypad_index = "0"
    to input_player2_joypad_index = "1"

All keymaps need to change to input_player2 instead on input_player1, for example input_player2_b_btn = "1" etc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.