Xbian: error when running install script

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Xbian: error when running install script

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  huehnerbrust 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

huehnerbrust
    Participant

Hi!

I just installed the following XBian version: XBian 20150304-2 – Bleeding Edge on a fresh sd card.
    I then ssh into my RPI2 and try to install retropi with the install script.

The problem is that I get some errors. After installing the script says e.g. that cmake, libzip-dev, libsamplerate0-dev and some others could not be installed.

If I try to install e.g. cmake via apt-get install cmake I get:

Reading state information... Done
    cmake is already the newest version.
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     cmake : Depends: libxmlrpc-core-c3 but it is not going to be installed
     libjack-dev : Depends: libjack0 (= 1:0.121.3+20120418git75e3e20b-2.1) but it is not going to be installed
     portaudio19-dev : Depends: libportaudio2 (= 19+svn20111121-1) but it is not going to be installed
                       Depends: libportaudiocpp0 (= 19+svn20111121-1) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Any hints?

Thanks
    Dom

huehnerbrust
    Participant

Forgott to include the log file. Here it comes

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Xbian is not “officially” supported – did you follow the instructions apt-get said ? doing apt-get -f install ?

But I can’t guarantee it would work anyway – retropie is designed to be run on top of Raspbian (Wheezy)

huehnerbrust
    Participant

Hi buzz,

I did run the apt-get -f install but I ended up with other errors.
    I am on another machine and can’t post the exact error but I will do later.

Thanks
    Dom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use Cookies and similar technology to collect and analyse information about the users of this website. We use this information to enhance the content, advertising and other services available on the site. Please click ‘Accept cookies’ to consent to the use of this technology by petrockblock. You can manage your preferences at any time by visiting our Cookies Policy page.