Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Community,

is it possible to write the current RomName (ex. super_mario_world.smc) in a TXT file (ofc the textfile need to be cleared b4, thats just one entry at the time in it) – if yes how?

i thought about to find the file which handles the event when you choose a rom (i.e. decided which emulator should be used, initial start and so on..) – and add the txt action right b4 this all happens..

got another ideas? which file is it which handle the idea above? …

i hope you guys are able to help me in this case.
    best regards, Nasthran

nasthran
    Participant

..no one?! :(

gizmo98
    Participant

It is runcommand.sh. It’s located under /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand.
    You can write the rom name in a file with the following command:
    echo "$rom" >> /path/yourfile.txt

nasthran
    Participant

ouh great, ye i needet to find correct lines but it works pretty well now :D

may you also know which file is required to handle the “Start+Select” – in other words which file is releated to handle “close rom / back to main menu” stuff ? **i whish to empty my txt after rom closing..

best regards

gizmo98
    Participant

In runcommand.sh there is a comment like ‘# run command’ followed by ‘equal $command …’. You can add ‘rm /path/file’ under these lines.

nasthran
    Participant

cant find: “equal $command” in this file, may you have the exact line for Start+Select/Quitting-Rom or mainly, returning to main memue?

gizmo98
    Participant

It’s ” eval $command </dev/tty 2>/tmp/runcommand.log.”. Mobile github does not show line numbers.

nasthran
    Participant

found it and.. yay it works! – tyvm gizmo !!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.