Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am working on a MiniArcade machine much like the PortaPi but not a kit. I currently have made it with cardboard and duct tape and plan to change it to wood when I have time. I was wanting suggestions from others before I make the wooden version as this is my first project.

This is the idea model out of cardboard (got bored waiting for pieces)
    This is the idea model out of cardboard (got bored waiting for pieces)

This is the first complete model out of cardboard.
    Front
    Side
    Insides
    Insides 2
    Under Buttons

Like I said, I plan to make this out of wood once I have perfected it.

Current Part List
    Raspberry Pi B+
    Tontec® 7 Inches Raspberry Pi LCD Display Screen TFT Monitor
    Morris Products 11906 Female Disconnect
    2x 40pcs Female to Female 2.54mm 0.1 in Jumper Wires
    GoGreen Power GG-13002MS 3 Outlet Power Strip
    SF Cable, 3 prong Plug Adapter
    1 x Arcade Button – 30mm Translucent Yellow
    1 x Small Arcade Joystick
    1 x Arcade Button – 30mm Translucent Green
    1 x Arcade Button – 30mm Translucent Blue
    2 x Arcade Button – 30mm Translucent Clear
    1 x Arcade Button – 30mm Translucent Red
    Random 3ft HDMI Cable

zigurana
    Participant

Hey there!
    What kind of suggestions / feedback do you want? I mean, nice work with the duct-tape. :-)
    I am currently in about the same phase for my bar top, designing the enclosure and building cardboard prototypes. I will not be able to get away with duct-tape only, as mine needs to be hooligan child proof from the get go. ?
    What I would like to know about your build is how you judge the ergonomics, with the screen fully vertical like that. Also, are your hands not in the way of the screen?

I would consider some kind of storage space to hold additional controllers /keyboards, at least, that’s what I am planning.

thejbone
    Participant

[quote=104081]
    What I would like to know about your build is how you judge the ergonomics, with the screen fully vertical like that. Also, are your hands not in the way of the screen?
    [/quote]

I mean, it would be depending on the angle. If it was level with my head then yes, but most of them time it could even be on my desk and I can play it fine. I keep my hands usually pretty down.

[quote=104081]
    I would consider some kind of storage space to hold additional controllers /keyboards, at least, that’s what I am planning.
    [/quote]

All I would have to store is a tiny wireless keyboard I use for it (here) and a tiny USB SNES Controller. I seem to have enough space.

[quote=104081]
    What kind of suggestions / feedback do you want?
    [/quote]

Nothing in particular, I am just looking to improve it in any way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Peoples Projects’ is closed to new topics and replies.