Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Kinda ’nuff said in the title, but still. Whenever I run a ROM, it just shuts down. I am using a USB Keyboard as a controller (I don’t have another kind of USB “controller”.

Oh, also, when I ran retroarch-joyconfig, it said couldn’t open joystick #0. That might be the problem.

jplaj
    Participant

What exactly is shutting down: the emulator, emulationstation, or does the entire system turn off?

Retroarch recognizes keyboards different from joypads, and I’m not sure it’ll recognize the term “joystick” at all (but I’ll abdicate that to people more versed in coding than me). The retroarch.cfg file should actually be set to detect a keyboard input as the default, so it shouldn’t need much (if any) setup.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The entire system. The monitor goes blue, says NO SIGNAL after a flash of text on screen, and the light on the RasPi is still on, however that is normal as to really power off, you unplug the cable.

jplaj
    Participant

Which emulators do this? All of them, or just one or two? This is a pretty common problem with the sega emulator, for people who run composite cables instead of HDMI.

If you’re using a composite video out, try disabling Variable HDMI Resolution in the retropie_setup menu.

Anonymous
    Inactive

All of them. I’ll try disabling that option, and give an update later.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Didn’t work. I tried GBA, GBC, MAME, Atari 2600, NES, and SNES.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.