Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all

I’ve been playing with floob’s video manager tool in an effort to get a nice overlay/scanline effect on a 1080p setup. It works just fine but there are several aspects of the retroarch config that I cannot find documentation for despite lots of searching.

The custom_viewport is what’s bothering me, as I want to understand what it is doing. I cannot find documentation on this aspect of RA ANYWHERE. What exactly does it do and how does it work?

I can see the changes the script has made to my retroarch.cfg files for each system, and this parameter is always present but I have no idea what it’s doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

herbfargus

It allows you to stretch the aspect ratio to fit the screen or make the screen smaller to fit a custom overlay. It does what it sounds like- a custom viewport.

Floob

@footwo – As herbfargus says, it specifies the viewing or display area

custom_viewport_width = How wide the output screen should be
    custom_viewport_height = How tall/high the output screen should be
    custom_viewport_x = The pixel position (horizontal) of the top left location of the output
    custom_viewport_y = The pixel position (vertical) of the top left location of the output

Some more info:
    http://smartretro.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52#p159

footwo
    Participant

Thanks for the responses guys, I get it now!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.