Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello All,
    I just bought a Raspberry Pi 2 and set up the most recent version of Retropie on it. So far loving the work that was put into all of this. I am however running into a pretty serious issue with it. Periodically the display just cuts out completely after a few seconds it will return but this happens about every 20-30 seconds. This is not just isolated to the roms, it happens in the Emulation Station menu as well. The only place that doesn’t seem affected is the command line when I tap F4. I have tried both overscan modes in the main menus but neither seem to affect this. I have also tested multiple HDMI cables and verified multiple ports on the television against other devices and see no issues. I get the feeling it is a setting somewhere but I am not sure where to begin. Has anyone seen an issue where all video out just drops off for a few seconds a few times a minute?

Pi Model: 2
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.1
    Built From: SD Image
    USB Devices connected: USB Keyboard, 8 button USB SNES Controller
    Controller used:SNES Controller
    Error messages received: No error message, just video drops off and comes back frequently
    How to replicate the problem: Just wait at the Emulation Station menu or in a loaded rom, it happens on its own.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#Display

try things like

hdmi_safe=1

or

config_hdmi_boost=4

or 

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

oronin
    Participant

Thanks for the response!
    I will give these edits a try and see if they solve the issue, will report back when I have an update :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.