VICE issues with PRG files and Drive sound emulation

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! VICE issues with PRG files and Drive sound emulation

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  herbfargus 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

umfufu99
    Participant

Hi folks,

I´m just installed a retropie 3.0 sd based installation into my raspberry pi 2.

VICE seems to run out of the box quite good. But I´m experiencing two issues.

First, emulationstation does not recognise any *.PRG files. Only D64 files seems to work. Where can I configure emustation to do so?

Second, I enabled “Drive Sound Emulation” in vice, but I don´t get any drive sounds. General SID based sound emulation works!

Thanks you!

umfufu

herbfargus

I don’t know about drive sounds but you can try adding .prg .PRG to the extensions under the commodore 64 entry in es_systems.cfg (/etc/emulationstation I believe.)

If it works then we can add it to the source code for future releases.

umfufu99
    Participant

yes, thank you.
    Adding .prg .PRG to es_systems.cfg just works!

Still missing my drive sounds.

herbfargus

herbfargus

you could try messing with the output drivers under sound settings and see if that fixes your sound conundrum

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

PLEASE NOTE: All orders that are placed between January 14th and January 28th will be shipped on January 29th. Dismiss