Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just setup a new Raspberry Pi B with version 2.2 of RetroPie. Based on comments in this forum I would like to change the default MAME emulator in 2.2 to Mame4all-pi. I was referring to an older thread:

but of course that thread was with an older version of RetroPie and Emulation Station.

Can someone post a how to regarding modifying the es_systems.cfg file in the new version of Emulation Station so that it will now use Mame4all-pi?

Thanks in advance and many thanks to all involved in the RetroPie project!

dudleydes
    Participant

Mame4all-pi was the default MAME emulator on my image of Retropie v2.2.

The command for the MAME emulator in my es_systems.cfg file is

<command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 4 "/opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame %BASENAME%"</command>

rickd99
    Participant

OK thanks I overlooked the first command line. It looks like you have it set up so that either imame4all or mame4all-pi could be used. If I wanted to use mame4all-pi exclusively could I simply delete the <!–alternatively> command line?

<system>
    <fullname>MAME</fullname>
    <name>mame</name>
    <path>~/RetroPie/roms/mame</path>
    <extension>.zip .ZIP</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 4 “/opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame %BASENAME%”</command>
    <!– alternatively: <command>/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/emulatorcores/imame4all-libretro/libretro.so –config /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg –appendconfig /opt/retropie/configs/mame/retroarch.cfg %ROM% </command> –>
    <platform>arcade</platform>
    <theme>mame</theme>
    </system>

dudleydes
    Participant

The code in your es_systems.cfg file has set mame4all-pi as its default MAME emulator.

Any text between the tags <!–text–> represent xml comments so you do not need to delete the <!–alternatively> command. Emulationstation ignores this code and won’t run imame4all at all.

rickd99
    Participant

OK thanks for the reply and your patience in dealing with a Linux noob!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.