Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I had these issues with the previous versions, so I may have something mis-configured.

1. Are there emulationstation navigation sounds? I hear none. I installed ESConfig, and force headphone output.

2. If I launch MAME (mame4all) I get a lot of background static/noise/sound.
    2a. I have followed suggestions about overclocking, forcing headphone output, etc, but I can’t seem to get rid of the static. The static does not get output when in terminal or lxde.

3. When in a MAME game and I enter the TAB menu, I have some sort of controller conflict. The menu forcibly scrolls up when no keypress.
    3a. I am using an Ultimarc IPAC as my controller via USB. So, really it’s just a keyboard.

4. NES and N64 Roms won’t load. I have them in their respective .ZIP files. EmulationStation sees them but I get a blank screen when launching.

5. Ports. I have the Doom 1 and Doom 2 wads. When I try to launch Doom 1, it says ../rom/ports/Doom 1.sh not found. It is there.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

[quote=85098]I had these issues with the previous versions, so I may have something mis-configured.
    [/quote]

1. Are there emulationstation navigation sounds? I hear none. I installed ESConfig, and force headphone output.
    [/quote]

nope.

[quote=85098]
    2. If I launch MAME (mame4all) I get a lot of background static/noise/sound.
    [/quote]

I don’t get that here. And no other emulators affected ?

[quote=85098]
    2a. I have followed suggestions about overclocking, forcing headphone output, etc, but I can’t seem to get rid of the static. The static does not get output when in terminal or lxde.
    [/quote]

have you tried looking into things like

or getting a ground loop isolator or something.

You would do better to take the audio out form HDMI though

[quote=85098]
    3. When in a MAME game and I enter the TAB menu, I have some sort of controller conflict. The menu forcibly scrolls up when no keypress.
    3a. I am using an Ultimarc IPAC as my controller via USB. So, really it’s just a keyboard.
    [/quote]

not seen this. can’t advise sorry.

[quote=85098]
    4. NES and N64 Roms won’t load. I have them in their respective .ZIP files. EmulationStation sees them but I get a blank screen when launching.
    [/quote]

this is not enough information to help with really. nothing outputted at all before the screen is blank ? tried unpacking the zips also ?

[quote=85098]
    5. Ports. I have the Doom 1 and Doom 2 wads. When I try to launch Doom 1, it says ../rom/ports/Doom 1.sh not found. It is there.
    [/quote]

are you sure you are running the new image ? There is no file of that name in the new image – it is called “Doom 1 Shareware.sh”

hotwheelzffx
    Participant

#1 is resolved. Thought I read somewhere else there were nav sounds.

#2 – From the command line I can play sounds/mp3s without static. As background, I built my own cabinet from http://www.retrobuiltgames.com/. I am using a separate audio/pcb amp from partsexpress.com and 9-inch LCD I found on eBay. The driver board for the LCD does not have HDMI audio outputs.

When I use LXDE to play music thru VLC, there is no static at all.

Not a dealbreaker, but it seems that some audio trigger happens at some point.
    When I first boot and autostart into EmulationStation, there is no static. It’s only when I enter the emulator game menus that the static starts. When
    I quit EmulationStation the static ends.

#3 is resolved. Somehow, after entering the Tab menu and resetting a key mapping it fixed itself.

#4 unzipping seems to work.

#5 I am using the new image. I had made a copy of Doom 1 Shareware.sh to Doom1.sh to load the original DOOM.WAD. It shows up in the PORTS menu, but won’t launch.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Could be the hardware triggering it – so you are using the analogue audio out from the pi from the headphone socket ? Have you tried switching PSU etc? it could be related to what the pi is doing, rather than a software trigger. I would try some solutions presented when googling – there are a few.

you could also extract the audio from the HDMI socket or use a usb soundcard or something.

Not all the emulators support zips, but retroarch should work.

is the script executable ? chmod u+x it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.