Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi 2 and have been running the latest version of Retropie on it. The games and emulators all seem to be working fine except that I am having trouble with the hot key. First, I will describe what I am experiencing and then post the appropriate text from the retroarch.cfg file.

I believe I have set the hotkey button to the Select button on my SNES USB controller (brand is Tomee, if that matters). My wish is to be able to press select then start and get out of the emulator back to the menu. This does not happen. Moreover, for some reason that has completely flummoxed me, my X button on the controller will automatically take me back to the menu.

Below is from the retroarch.cfg file:

input_enable_hotkey = alt

input_player1_joypad_index = “0”
    input_player1_b_btn = “2”
    input_player1_y_btn = “3”
    input_player1_select_btn = “8”
    input_player1_start_btn = “9”
    input_player1_up_axis = “-1”
    input_player1_down_axis = “+1”
    input_player1_left_axis = “-0”
    input_player1_right_axis = “+0”
    input_player1_a_btn = “1”
    input_player1_x_btn = “0”
    input_player1_l_btn = “4”
    input_player1_r_btn = “5”

input_player2_joypad_index = “1”
    input_player2_b_btn = “2”
    input_player2_y_btn = “3”
    input_player2_select_btn = “8”
    input_player2_start_btn = “9”
    input_player2_up_axis = “-1”
    input_player2_down_axis = “+1”
    input_player2_left_axis = “-0”
    input_player2_right_axis = “+0”
    input_player2_a_btn = “1”
    input_player2_x_btn = “0”
    input_player2_l_btn = “4”
    input_player2_r_btn = “5”

input_enable_hotkey_btn = “8”
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “9”

If it is appropriate to state it, I am using Mac OS X and using CyberDuck to make edits to this file.

I am a complete noob at this – I have next to no experience and have needed to rely on any extremely detailed instructions I have found online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rcbean
    Participant

Update: I have been trying various different things to get the controller to work properly (get rid of player 2 control settings, alter how lines are written, etc), and now, the entire retroarch.cfg file is blank. I have no idea what is going on.

rcbean
    Participant

Update: eliminating the quotes and getting rid of all of the separate .cfg files for various controller types did the trick – everything is working as it should.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.