Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m seeing a lot of posts around here with controller issues, and some which have great resolutions by helpful community members. I’m experiencing a rather odd issue, at the moment it seems limited to the Retroarch / Snes emulation.

I have tried the old plug and play and of course that didnt work, this is testing the snes emulation with several different roms from different sources. I have manually overwritten every retroarch.cfg and snes9x.cfg file I can find, and followed every youtube video and topic in this section of the forums on this. I’ve used the jstest and the gamepad is responsive, it registers just fine.

I have used the built in retroarch configuration tool for joysticks, I’ve changed permissions left right and centre, rebuilt the image a few time too from the distribution on this website and gone through steps over and over again.

After 4-5 hours of head and wall interaction I began to think it was the emulator so here is where I am. Unplugging and replugging the USB gamepad in and out registers in the emulator in yellow text at the right location (of course the gamepad works in the emulatorstation UI) – so I plugged in a keyboard and went ahead and used the F1 retroarch menu, after some digging in there I found the key binding wizard. I followed this and it seemed to be fine, i was even navigating the retroarch settings menu using the gamepad. However, the moment I went back to the game/rom in the Snes emulator it would hardly work if at all, as if the bindings were dropped or mixed up.

[EDIT: I’ve also updated the base system, all the retropie binaries and script, as well as the emulation station.]

I hope someone has come across the same issue as me and might have further steps I can try.

Alternatively if I find a solution before the community does I will be sure to share what I have.

Thanks for reading this wall of text and heres an obligatory TL;DR

TL;DR: USB Controller wont work in roms, works elsewhere, help :)

gent
    Participant

Resolved, Odd corruption on my USB-USB-SD Setup.

Rare one off, PM me if you have a similar situation.

Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.