Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I got a Raspberry Pi 2 and on it I have Retro Pie 3, i’m rather new to this so do forgive any idiocy on my part, I setup a CSL Computers USB SNES controller on the main menu bit, and I did the same in the retropie_config.sh script, but the emulators don’t seem to recognize the shoulder buttons and the X and Y buttons, even though they worked in the controller setup script. What am I doing wrong?

nico3968
    Participant

I have exactly the same problem, going to try to edit those configuration files later. My Raspberry is model A+ but I think those settings for controllers are still the same. If you’ve had your controller working, please let me know, this is so frustrating.. I have just started using Raspberry so it feels a bit complicated.

nico3968
    Participant

So I did as Floob said and removed all config files in /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/*.cfg

then ran
    sudo /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh

and did the configuration for my controller.
    Now it works as it should be :)

herbfargus

The autoconfigs do have some conflicts that bugger things up but the next beta release (hopefully soonish) will have those issues fixed.

drneroli
    Participant

That worked perfectly thank you

drneroli
    Participant

That’s good to hear. I was a tad confused as to why the controller was doing an extended NES controller impression. I thought it was something wrong with the controller hardware to be honest, usb controllers are a very inexact science.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.