USB Hubs and Controllers questions

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie USB Hubs and Controllers questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of pakmule87 pakmule87 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pakmule87
    pakmule87
    Participant

Hi guys, new user to Pi, have had it setup with Retropie for the past week and have been loving it. But even before I got a hold of it, was planning a build using an SNES case that would also be reasonably repeatable should I ever try to make a little extra money or make some for friends, and as the build has progressed, I have ran into a few unexpected issues, chief of which is accommodations for having 4 accessible USB ports on the front. I already have the cables and mounting sorted out, but need to know would the Pi be able to run an unpowered USB hub or would I need to go the route of a powered hub, along with any suggestions that you guys may have.

Also please note, I currently run a wired PS3 controller, but plan on either retro styled USB controllers, or getting original controllers paired with the USB adapters, but would also like to be sure I wouldn’t have any problems with running 4 wired controller be they PS3 or XBox 360 for the full 4 when multiplayer opportunities arise. And I only plan on having a wireless adapter for my keyboard/mouse plus maybe a WiFi adapter as well.

And since I keep running this on and on, what has everybody’s experiences been with the various controller setups along with interchanging easily for multiplayer using hubs? And my power setup is currently 2 amp tablet charger running a Type B cable with a 12 inch extension adapter to the Raspberry Pi 2.

PS If this happens to have been answered, sorry, trying to search for this topic has been overly confusing for me 😛

Profile photo of pakmule87
    pakmule87
    Participant

Well, I am going to setup my case with a powered hub anyways, though I probably will only have it plugged up when I use more than 1 PS3 control, though I assume I shouldn’t have much issue if I use multiple plain USB controllers, or planned USB adapter for PS2 controllers.

On another note, anybody had any luck with setting up the joysticks for the PSX emulator? I have it set already to use the left stick with no problem, but any luck with the right? Would be nice if I could play a FPS without having to be confused for controls 😛

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar