Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I am using Retropie / Emulationstation 2.6. It appears that the ROM service will copy over the folders for the emulators onto my SD card, but when I put ROMs on it and plug it into my Pi, the program ignores I even put ROMs on there! I’ve tried changing the file paths to my USB stick, but I don’t want to have to have a giant stick outside of my Pi just to play games, as my Pi is set up as a handheld.

Also, GBA ROMs do not seem to work…I get an error whilst trying to run games:
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 286: SYS: Command not found

And then it takes me back to EmulationStation…any help would be great!

Cheers!

herbfargus

See this page for ROM transfer:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/How-to-get-ROMs-on-the-SD-card

You can re-enable it from the setup script, and make sure you create a folder called retropie on it first. Or better yet start from a fresh 3.0 image as that was just released and is much easier to set up than 2.6.

As far as GBA roms- see this page:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Game-Boy-Advance

You need to place gba_bios.bin in the bios directory.

werebox3333
    Participant

I’ll try that. I also saw on there it talks about another directory, I’ll try that too. Thanks for the quick reply!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

the GBA problem – It’s not a bios issue, but a mismatch between the version of runcommand installed I think (and other parts of the set-up)

You say you are running 2.6 ? That is no longer supported and a lot has changed since then, so I would recommend you start with a 3.0 image and go from there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.