Is there anything that I should look out for or has broken since the 3.0 release? I read the patch notes but I didn’t get a feel if there were any problems. Or if it is even worth the effort to upgrade. Thanks!
I just tried following the instructions on the link that herbfargus gave, but it did not keep any of my settings or adjustments. It did not even keep the controllers I had configured. Good thing I made a backup first. Please, anyone thinking of updating their retropie don’t it if you have made any changes at all. You may as well start with a new image and start over.
I only looked at it long enough to see that it reset everything instead of simply updating, but I did notice these things.
1. I lost all previously configured controllers (I’m assuming I would have to go through the whole process again of configuring my 8bitdo bluetooth controller)
2. Unused emulators were added back to the home screen
3. Emulator specific configs (ie shaders etc) were overwritten with defaults
I’m not sure if this is the case, but suspect it is, that it also removed Kodi and my lirc settings which allowed me to use a ir remote control. It is not worth “updating” if I have to reconfigure every little thing that I have changed to get it the way I want it.
1. it resets the ES configuration. retropie configs don’t get wiped – this will be sorted.
2. probably because you edited /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg – if you want to customise it you should copy it to ~/.emulationstation and your custom one will never be touched (you may have to manually update it from the /etc/emulationstation file though though as needed)
3. shader configs are stored in retroarch.cfg files and they are not overwritten – unless you were on an old retropie-setup and you forgot to update the retropie-setup script before doing a full binary install.