Upgraded to 3.0 final. Kodi installation is missing kodi.bin

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Upgraded to 3.0 final. Kodi installation is missing kodi.bin

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dashizzle 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

geauxwave
    Participant

I upgraded my Retropie to the newly released 3.0 final, and then installed kodi through the RetroPie setup GUI. Kodi will not work, and there is no kodi folder in /usr/lib.

$ kodi --standalone
    /usr/bin/kodi: 159: /usr/bin/kodi: /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin: not found

Prior to upgrading to 3.0 final (I was on RC1), the experimental installation of Kodi worked fine, and I know for sure there was a kodi folder put in /usr/lib during installation.

FYI, there was no previous kodi installation on the disk prior to me upgrading to 3.0 final. I started with a restored SD card image with RC1 and prior to any experimental installations.

If I restore my SD card again, and don’t upgrade to 3.0 final, I can install Kodi fine. I just wanted to see if there was a way for me to fix this issue prior to doing that. It obviously takes time, and I would like to use RP 3.0 final, mainly for the Bluetooth PS3 controller configuration tool (which I’m assuming i have to be on 3.0 final to have).

Thanks in advance for your help.

geauxwave
    Participant

I ran “sudo apt-get install kodi”, and it listed some unmet dependencies (see below), and it suggested I run “apt-get -f install”. So I did that, and Kodi now launches fine.

$ sudo apt-get install kodi
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    kodi is already the newest version.
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     kodi : Depends: kodi-bin (>= 2:14.2-1wheezy) but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kodi-bin (< 2:14.2-1wheezy.1~) but it is not going to be installed
            Recommends: python-qt3 but it is not going to be installed
            Recommends: upower but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

dashizzle
    Participant

How did you upgrade from rc-1 to final?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/