Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Please update the wiki a lot of the paths and info are just wrong. And since no one on this site wants to help new people, this would be a good idea

petrockblog
    Keymaster

That’s not true – there are plenty of people offering help, and putting in lots of time giving tutorials and tips.

The wiki relies a lot on user contributions. I do edits where I can and when I have time, but it’s not something the few core devs can do on their own.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The wiki is supposed to be filled and updated mostly by the community. If you see that a lot of paths are wrong or outdated, you are welcome to update the site accordingly. Already a few improvements are worth a lot!

Do not get me wrong – we would love to keep everything nice and clean. But with its size and the ongoing development the wiki heavily depends on the contributions of the community.

herbfargus

@Justinbeaird

Due to the RetroPie project being an ongoing project, there are always new developments as new technology and code changes emerge (especially once the Rpi 2 was released.) We’re in the thick of it and it may take some time for the community to sort out bugs and come up with a comprehensive process that fits most people’s needs. The world of Linux based programming has typically been identified with a very supportive community with a strong emphasis for the individual to learn to solve problems themselves and then pass along their learning to help others. This forum is no different.

While there may be a few main developers of a project to moderate and maintain the source code, many people in the community contribute to this project. You have to understand that they are doing this voluntarily and aren’t being compensated other than meager donations people choose to give. They could use their expertise to monetize on this project but they provide it free to share with everyone- because they are good people. I for one thank Petrockblog, Buzz, Gizmo98, floob and all the others for their hard work on the project so that we can have the opportunity to relive the nostalgia of our childhood.

That being said, I can understand that it may be frustrating at first to figure out the world of Raspberry Pi and RetroPie and how everything is laid out, and I would also agree that the Wiki can be improved- but it starts with us.

I’m currently working on setting up my Raspberry Pi 2 that I just received in the mail and I am creating a simple blog illustrating the steps I have taken to get it working, once I finish I would be more than happy to share the link with you. (and I will try to update the Wiki if at all possible)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.