Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I would also attempt to post this on he ES forum, but I’m not in the need for Ray Bans. SO I’m hoping someone can help here.

I’m an absolute amateur when it comes to technology, apparently I have big ideas but absolute no talent :)

I currently have a USB style controller for most of the emulated consoles, i.e. SNES, NES, Mega Drive, joystick. N64, etc controller. I’m trying to find out if there is a way to set up a emulator to work with a specific controller configuration. So I plug in a Mega Drive controller it acts like a Mega Drive controller, I plug in a NES controller it responds like a NES controller, obviously only in the respective emulator.

I hope that makes sense

dankcushions
    Participant

I think it already works like that? if you’re using actual separate physical controllers, if they are different types they will have a different config file in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads with whatever config you set up for it.

i use a PS4 controller for psx games, and a snes clone for everything else. both have their own config.

pieface
    Participant

The USB pads name themselves USBGamepad or something or other by default in Retroarch so the config remains the sam, whereas I want a unique config file for each controller for a specific emulator

dankcushions
    Participant

hmm, i think if retroarch can’t tell the difference between the pads then you may struggle.

can’t you just set up each /opt/retropie/configs/SYSTEMNAME/retroarch.cfg with the correct input settings for the controller you want to use for each systems? you could do this through the retroarch UI within the emulators if you preferred. then it’d be right as long as you had the right one plugged in for each system.

pieface
    Participant

Will the retroarch config only work for that system then?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.