Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone ever actually gotten 2 SNES controllers working properly together? I too seem to be having issues with this.

I’m on 2.3 RetroPie, with a source-based update of anything that could be relevant (RetroArch, Emulation Station, Pocket SNES). My configuration files should be set up correctly:

input_player1_joypad_index = 0
    input_player1_b_btn = 2
    input_player1_a_btn = 1
    input_player1_y_btn = 3
    input_player1_x_btn = 0
    input_player1_l_btn = 4
    input_player1_r_btn = 5
    input_player1_start_btn = 9
    input_player1_select_btn = 8
    input_player1_l_y_plus = -1
    input_player1_up_axis = -1
    input_player1_l_y_minus = +1
    input_player1_down_axis = +1
    input_player1_l_x_minus = -0
    input_player1_left_axis = -0
    input_player1_l_x_plus = +0
    input_player1_right_axis = +0
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 9

input_player2_joypad_index = 1
    input_player2_b_btn = 2
    input_player2_a_btn = 1
    input_player2_y_btn = 3
    input_player2_x_btn = 0
    input_player2_l_btn = 4
    input_player2_r_btn = 5
    input_player2_start_btn = 9
    input_player2_select_btn = 8
    input_player2_l_y_plus = -1
    input_player2_up_axis = -1
    input_player2_l_y_minus = +1
    input_player2_down_axis = +1
    input_player2_l_x_minus = -0
    input_player2_left_axis = -0
    input_player2_l_x_plus = +0
    input_player2_right_axis = +0
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 9

And yet a second controller remains unresponsive. I’m using these controllers: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FFL7WRS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can fix it if I switch emulators to PiSNES, so I know the 2nd controller is capable of working. But PiSNES has its own problems (Right Bumper exits the game, glitchy Yoshi’s Island and Mario All Stars) so I’d rather keep it on the default emulator for now.

I also read that back in 2013, there was a legitimate bug involving a controller index in the source code… but this issues seems to have been sorted out some time ago. At the very least, the current source code looks nothing like the suggested fix.

I just want to play some Donkey Kong Country as a 2 person team! =P If anyone has actually gotten 2 controllers working fine, can you post what controllers you used, your configuration files, and how you got everything functioning correctly?

kiba27
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as you. Any chance you figured it out?

natedgreat3
    Participant

It looks like an issue just involving this specific brand of controller. I helped walk another dude having trouble through the exact same steps I did, but he got his working after that.

I’ve just been playing on one controller, too cheap to get two of another type.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=83987]It looks like an issue just involving this specific brand of controller. I helped walk another dude having trouble through the exact same steps I did, but he got his working after that.

I’ve just been playing on one controller, too cheap to get two of another type.
    [/quote]

It isn’t just the controller brand. I use the Buffalo SNES USB controllers and I have the same issue.

The fix found below is also unhelpful, as I’ve checked my ppu.cpp source file and the corrections they recommend for line 717 of the code have already been made.

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/158

This is one of the most frustrating, ridiculous experiences I’ve had with this project. I’ve been working on it for the past 8 days with no success. Aside from learning more about Linux, this Raspberry Pi/Retro Console project has been mostly a waste of time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.