TheGamesDB's rating system is really bad. Metacritic should be the standard.

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements TheGamesDB's rating system is really bad. Metacritic should be the standard.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of supersaiyancurry supersaiyancurry 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of supersaiyancurry
    supersaiyancurry
    Participant

In my endeavors in perfecting my Retropie, I took it upon myself to do extensive research on what the best games are. I noticed almost immediately that TheGamesDB was giving 60% to games people hailed to be some of the best. I looked up several “Top (10, 20, 50, 100) lists” and went on several rating websites and I determined that Metacritic’s Metascore is the most consistent with the internet’s generalized opinion. Unfortunately, they’ve only done ratings for GBA and PS1. This is still better than nothing and I actually updated my gamelist.xml for those 2 systems to make my library more accurate and interesting when I organize by rating. I would upload those files, but I’m not sure if that’s against the rules or not.

In summation, Retropie shouldn’t use TheGamesDB ratings when scraping. Metacritic is a good substitute for 2 consoles and I’m sure I could find a better website for SNES, NES, and Genesis also.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar