Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m building a rpi2 + retropie into a gameboy pocket. I’ve wired the GBP’s buttons to a Teensy and installed a generic USB Joystick sketch. I’ve tested the setup extensively on Mac and Linux machines, both working perfectly. However whenever I connect the Teensy to my rpi2 + retropie, the Teensy joystick registers as a dev/input/eventX instead of a dev/input/jsX – On my other linux machine, it registers as a dev/input/jsX.

As an event, every button press registers multiple times per press. Here’s a video running the evtest command:

https://goo.gl/photos/gQotv2zJyvpULThL9

Based on my searching, it seems that the Teensy registering as an “event” instead of a “js” could be the issue. But I can’t find how to remedy the registration. Any advice on how to fix this so each button press registers once would be much appreciated!

theluthier
    Participant

I managed to solve my problem. The issue seemed to come from the example sketch included with Teensyduino found under File > Examples > Teensy > USB_Joystick > Complete. I’m not an experienced arduino-er, but with that sketch the buttons seem to be sourced and updated using a “Joystick.send_now” command. When I modified the sketch to source and update based on the “bounce” method, the buttons worked as expected. The bounce method is used in another example sketch: File > Examples > Teensy > USB_Joystick > Buttons. Modifying that approach according to my setup was fairly simple to get it working.

In the end, this really had nothing to do with RetroPie.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello theluthier, can you post your sketch? I have the same problem!

Thank You!

theluthier
    Participant

Absolutely @cluf20! It’s maybe tailored toward my specific setup, but maybe you can derive something from it if you can’t use it as is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.