Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello All,

I got everything to work on my retropie arcade cabinet, but there are some neo geo roms on FBA emulator that I can’t start. There are several roms that get stuck on “neo geo mvs system (asia /s3) ver. 6” screen. In this test-screen I can cycle true the different setup screens (set time, check if buttons are connected, color check,…), but I can’t seem to get past these screens. The game itself won’t start, whatever I do… It seems that other neo geo roms start without any problem and without showing this setup menu first.

Does anybody have a suggestion on where to look, or what to press to get past the game’s setup screen?

Thanks a lot for your help!

My setup:

Pi Model: Pi 2 Model B
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.6
    Built From: SD Image
    USB Devices connected: keyboard
    Controller used: xin-mo usb contoller

dankcushions
    Participant

which roms? are the compatible with the version of FBA? see the fba compatibility spreadsheets on the wiki.

manulovesbacon
    Participant

Yes, for instance: Shock Troopers – 2nd squad

compatibility list says it should be ok…

These are the 5 screens I can cycle tru py pressing P1 start: https://goo.gl/photos/7GCwj66VL9zp1QdE7

dankcushions
    Participant

do you have neogeo.zip in your /fba/ folder? i personally run neogeo roms on lr-fba-next via the /neogeo/ folder.

i have neogeo.zip in my /neogeo/ folder. other than that i don’t know what i’m doing differently, but shock troopers 2nd squad works fine here.

manulovesbacon
    Participant

I have all my roms & the neogeo.zip in the /fba/ folder.

should I copy both all roms + neogeo.zip in the /neogeo/ folder in order to be able to play with the lr-fba-next?

or is it enough to keep my roms in /fba/ & just put the neogeo.zip in the /neogeo/?

dankcushions
    Participant

no, the only reason to put them in neogeo/ or fba/ is to have them come under the ‘neogeo’ or ‘fba’ menu in emulationstation. either way, the bios and Roms should be in the same folder.

manulovesbacon
    Participant

If I try opening shock troopers with lr-fba-next, it doesn’t even go to the test screen, it just goes back to the game list.

So it looks like it can’t start…

dankcushions
    Participant

i suspect your rom zip is incorrect, somehow, then. additionally i’ve no idea why it would be behaving differently in different folders, as aren’t they both using the same emulator (lr-fba-next) by default? what do they say in /tmp/runcommand.log?

you shouldn’t post bios images as they are illegal to distribute, which is why they don’t ship with retropie.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.