Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, think the Retro Pie project is amazing, nice one for the work! :)

After reading about Retro Pie my plan was to get the Atari, NES, SNES, Turbografx/PCengine, SMS, SMD, GB and GBC emulators going with some usb pads then stick my pi in a nice little case (and show off to all my friends).

Been fiddling around to reach this goal but still struggling with a few things. I’ve searched for answers but been unsuccessful so I apologise if any of these have been answered elsewhere:

1. I’m using the RetroPieImg_ver1.0.img, if however I use the ver1.3 image or try to update the firmware etc. on the ver1.0 my audio goes nuts and breaks. Not a massive deal as I’m ok, for my needs, with the 1.0 img, would be nice to be know why this is though.

2. How can I get the mastersystem/gamegear emulator running fullscreen, configured for my joypads and able to exit to ES using the joypad as the retroarch emulators are able to do? What do I put in which file?

3.Same as above but regarding the megadrive emulator? Tried editing the dgenrc files in .dgen but it doesn’t seem to make any difference

4. I would like to add a PDF reader to the EmulationStation frontend for browsing manuals/game mags/guides etc. is there a way I can do this?

Everything is very playable and awesome but once I really just get the sega emulators sorted properly I’m laughing.

Cheers

skater_j10
    Participant

Here’s what I changed my es_system.cfg to in order to have fullscreen Sega emulators when hooked up to RCA video:

DESCNAME=Sega Master System II
    NAME=mastersystem
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mastersystem
    EXTENSION=.sms .SMS
    COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/Genesis-Plus-GX/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
    PLATFORMID=35

DESCNAME=Sega Master System II
    NAME=mastersystem
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mastersystem
    EXTENSION=.sms .SMS
    COMMAND=retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/Genesis-Plus-GX/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg %ROM%
    PLATFORMID=35

DESCNAME=Sega Mega Drive / Genesis
    NAME=megadrive
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive
    EXTENSION=.smd .SMD .md .MD .bin .BIN .zip .ZIP .gz .GZ .bz2 .BZ2
    PLATFORMID=18

I used the original Genesis-Plus-GX emulator that Petrockblog chose (instead of Osmose/Dgen) which works perfectly except it is causes a slow down with Genesis/Mega Drive ROMs. Dgen works full speed for Genesis/Mega Drive ROMs but doesn’t seem to work with RCA video out for some reason, if someone knows how to configure this please let me know.

P.S. The “COMMAND=” code should be on one line, the wordpress editor forced it to 2 lines because it was so long.

skater_j10
    Participant

ooops posted master system twice, here’s the game gear settings:

DESCNAME=Sega Game Gear
    NAME=gamegear
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gamegear
    EXTENSION=.gg .GG
    PLATFORMID=20

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.