start up video, no sounds on some monitors…

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project start up video, no sounds on some monitors…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wrichards wrichards 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wrichards
    wrichards
    Participant

this is most likley a HDMI setting, I made a start up movie w sound, It works great but only on 3-4 tv/monitors i hooked it up to. It works perfect on dell monitors, mitubichi tv, but my 32″ 4 month old Samsung wont play the start up music, It plays the sounds in the game fine, its just that inital start up video music not working…

i have the HDMI hotplug set to 1

its not a HUGE problem, but would like to know to maximize compatability across monitors/TVs

Thanks for responses in advance

Profile photo of whoismezero
    whoismezero
    Participant

I recently had the same issue. For me the Raspberry Pi was auto detecting into DVI mode, which does not support sound.

Edit the command.txt and find the ‘hdmi_drive=’ line and set it to ‘2’ to force it into HDMI mode.

Profile photo of wrichards
    wrichards
    Participant

thank you muchos, edited config.txt works fine now 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar