Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 36 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Found them!

Now I am getting a error however when I try to delete the files (bmoface) for example since it is a directory. Any tips?

sur0x
    Participant

what error?

Try to:

sudo rm -rf bmoface/

if you get some error just paste here

Anonymous
    Inactive

That got it! I was trying to do it in WinSCP and it apparently is not allowing me to do so, but I can do it via terminal.

herbfargus

You have to log in as root in winscp to delete files that are owned by root.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation#ftp-needs-an-active-internet-connection

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks I got it working, I entered sudo -s in the command line of WinSCP (it was on a faq on their site) and it worked. However I have to ask is there anything wrong with using that command?

retroman33
    Participant

Hey sur0x, just uploaded the vids to the supplementary folder, and they get the loading error message at the bottom of the screen with the path to the file visible. All files are confirmed to work outside of the randomizer.

any ideas?

sur0x
    Participant

@retroman33 try to take a shot of the error, not sure what could be, just make sure the method to run videos that are you are using uses sudo to access the files

retroman33
    Participant

it’s basically a CANNOT LOAD: “file path”, then the line disappears, with a load failure of the name of the file.

I can get my original video to load fine, but the subsequent videos I’ve created won’t play nice. So 4/5 times I get a load failure, and the other time my first video plays fine. I’ve sudo’ed the whole folder so it has the permissions.

The other vids have been created the same way through imovie, then contained into a h.264 MP4 file, and have been proven to play upon start up without the randomiser.

Feel like I am almost making it work, but overlooking something.

sur0x
    Participant

Hi @retroman33 it is not easy to figure out this way, what is the difference between the paths? did you tried to put other movies inside the path that works? movies are with right chmod permissions?

retroman33
    Participant

Have not tried to put other movies into the same folder as the one that works. Will give that a crack today. I assumed each file would need its own folder from previous experience. All movies had the right chmod permissions, proven to work when RetroPie is pointed to the file to load individually. No differences between the paths of each folder/file… all file names are identical to folder name. I’ll give a go putting all the files into the one folder that works and see what happens! Thank you for all your replies.

retroman33
    Participant

Think I’ve solved my issue. The video files I had been adding I was renamming within FileZilla once loaded to the Pi. I instead recoded the files to a smaller bitrate, and changed the video properties from unscaled to 1920X1080 and renamed them to the same folder name before loading them over. They seem to be working now.

sur0x
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have updated the script, working with 3.5 and added videos.

Not sure why but I can’t edit my first post.

breakpack75
    Participant

Is there one big .zip file I can d/l these from?

sur0x
    Participant

@breakpack75 , yeah, here: https://github.com/sur0x/retropiesplashscreen , you can download as a zip

Viewing 14 posts - 36 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • The forum ‘Splash screens’ is closed to new topics and replies.