Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m trying to get a Colecovision emulator running. I’ve got two binaries now that work. However, I noticed that they do not have sound.

Then I tried to start another emulator (mame4all), that definitely works w/ sound from within EmulationStation (ES), from the command line instead of via ES. No sound either!

Some of you might know that ES starts emulators via “a script” (see /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg) with a command like this:
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ mame-mame4all %ROM%</command>

I cannot get ES tot start the Colecovision emu with such a commend via the “runcommand”, I just run it from ES like this in /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg:
    <command>/opt/retropie/emulators/coolcv/coolcv_pi %ROM% </command>
    But that results in the emu running without sound.

Why don’t I get sound in emulators when I start them from the command line?

meneerjansen
    Participant

Stop the press! I’ve been using Linux for ten years now and had many a problem. When I got the solution I always understood why the solution worked. This time, however, I don’t get why the following works:

1. Goto the Retropie config screen in EmulationStation
    2. Choose ‘configure audio’
    3. In the dialog script/screen choose ‘Auto’ (as opposed to HDMI or headphones etc.).
    4. Sound works.

Maybe one day I’ll find where this shell script is on the SD card and then I’ll kmow why it works and Alsa settings don’t… :-)

[edit] Oops. Sound works via command line except in ‘colem’ (the Colecovision emu that runs games at the right speed).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.