Some but not all Genesis games not showing up

Home Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Some but not all Genesis games not showing up

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wibell02 wibell02 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wibell02
    wibell02
    Participant

Hi all,

I have been scouring the forums for a solution but keep coming up empty. I have a BUNCH of Genesis games (.gen extension) deposited into the genesis ROM folder. When I load up ES and go to my genesis games, I can only see a fraction of them. The ones that are in there work fine along with tje rest of the rooms & emulators. Sega games seem to be the only ones doing this. All of my Sega master system games are present and work great too.

Thanks for any help…This guy has got a serious need to play some Altered Beast and Earthworm Jim 🙂

Profile photo of brooksyx
    brooksyx
    Participant

Did you run the scraper for genesis? Maybe the gamelist.xml only contains some of the games and you can delete it?

wibell02
    Participant

I tried running scraper.py. Getting Err no 2 No such file or directory.

wibell02
    Participant

I made sure to install the python PIL script but I am still unsuccessful. I thought there was another way to run the scraper through retro pie setup but I couldn’t find it.

Also, I don’t have a clue how to run the scraper for just the Genesis roms…I’d prefer not to scrape the ludicrous amount of roms I have installed at the moment.

Much thanks for your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar