Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hey,

I have been running retropie 2.3 (or 2.6?) for some time on a Pi B, which worked great.
    I have now gotten a Pi 2 and installed the latest version of retropie.

However, when I try Bomberman3, 4 or 5 for the SNES on the Pi 2, its stuttering and eventually freezing.
    I then tried it with the Pi B and it worked flawlessly. The Pi B is reasonably overclicked while with the Pi 2 I first tried without overblocking, then with overclocking, but there wasnt much of a difference.

Any ideas how this can be fixed? I mean.. the Pi 2 is supposed to run this a lot better than the B model.

herbfargus

Are you using the same emulators? Also some of the retroarch default configs were changed which may explain the difference in performance. You can change them back from the edit retropie/retroarch configurations menu in the retropie menu. (Video threaded true, etc.) You can also change the default emulator from the run command menu.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks herb, I also did some testing.

The Pi B uses the Older version of retropie which uses lr-pocketsnes by default. This runs bomberman 3/4/5 fine on both installations. However, the new version uses lr-snes9x-next by default, which doesn’t play bomberman3/4/5 very well.

Unfortunately, pocketsnes seems to not support the multitap adapter while snes9x does. This kinda sucks, because I want to play with more than just 2 players.

So, since I dont actually change any retroarch settings, the differnce seems to be the emulator itself. Any ideas? =/

herbfargus

If they are emulator specific issues you may have to sort those out upstream as I’m not sure how much of the retropie project would be able to help with emulator specific support. Other than mucking about with the aformentioned settings i haven’t the slightest clue unfortunately, sorry.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright then. I’ll try to push it to the limit OC-wise tomorrow to see if it has any effect and I’ll try tinkering some more with the settings you mentioned. Might even try another Pi 2 =/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.