Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve found an issue with several games recently and noticed they all use special chips. Every game I’ve tested from this list (http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/index.php?title=SNES_games_with_special_chips) does not launch, whether using pisnes or snes9xrpi. Both go to a black screen for all games. The specific games I’ve tested are: Kirby Superstar, Kirby’s Dreamland 3, Star Fox, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Super Mario RPG, and Yoshi’s Island.

I am using a B+ with a 16GB class 10 card. Here are my clocks from config.txt:

arm_freq=900
    core_freq=450
    sdram_freq=450
    over_voltage=2
    avoid_safe_mode=1
    gpu_mem=256
    overscan=1

Are these games not supported? Do I need to make some modification to get them to work?

GameRockeR
    Participant

Use pocket snes or catsfc, both are libretro cores (retroarch).

vulcanfk
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll give these a shot tonight! I switched to PiSNES because I heard it performed better. Are there any issues with Pocket SNES or catsfc? Which is better performance wise?

vulcanfk
    Participant

I tried Pocket SNES. The above mentioned games worked, with the exception of Street Fighter Alpha 2, which was beyond pixelated. The Kirby games were very laggy. I OC’d to 1000 with little difference, but that introduced some GPIO lag.

I searched through the forum, and it doesn’t appear anyone has gotten the Kirby games to run well on the Pi 1. This is a dagger, as those are my kids’ favorite games.

I do have a Pi 2 on the way, but I was hoping to get SNES games working well on the Pi 1. I have 3 model B+s I was planning to use with RetroPie.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.