SNES emulator won't see my controller

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project SNES emulator won't see my controller

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gizmo98 gizmo98 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of imnoboist
    imnoboist
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve set up RetroPie (great project!) and set up my USB controller. I first tried GBA and it worked fine with no additional configuration. When I try a SNES game, though, I can mash buttons all I want and nothing happens.

I’ve tried really hard to search for help with this but whenever I do I get posts of people trying to get their SNES controllers working with RetroPie, not trying to get their controllers to work with the SNES emulator.

Thanks in advance!

-Sean

Profile photo of gizmo98
    gizmo98
    Participant

There are many posts about this topic. There are also many solutions. The snes emulator uses retroarch. Follow these instructions and the controller should work:

Update for the RetroPie Setup Script: Support for RetroArch’s Autoconfig Functionality and (wired) Xbox 360 controller support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar