Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This one’s got me stumped…I just got a model b+ to try retropie…I did everything like normal (wrote the image to micro sd), but my Vizio smart TV won’t recognize the pi when I plug it in via HDMI…yet it will recognize my model b from the same HDMI cable. When I try the model b+ on my other non-smart JVC TV, it recognizes it and boots up fine. Do smart TVs have something against the model b+? Or is something different in the model b+ config.txt or something? Please help, as I must play this pi on my 60″!

RetroMarine
    Participant

Incase anyone else has this same issue here is the solution: The b+ model uses less power, so the hdmi output isn’t strong enough for most modern tvs…simply uncomment force_hdmi_hotplug=1 in the /boot/config.txt file. Also hdmi_drive=2 helps with menu sound issues. Another issue I ran into was that the model b+ has improved Ethernet capabilities, so before you can connect SSH to the new model, you must first put your microsd card into an adapter, insert it into an old model b, and type sudo rpi-update to update the software, then put it back into your model b+ and the Ethernet cable should be recognized so you can find the inet address. Hope this helps anyone in the near future, as I’m sure many of you will be switching to the new model b+!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.