[Resolved] Sixad Profiles Not Applying

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project [Resolved] Sixad Profiles Not Applying

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of falsechicken falsechicken 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of geokhentix
    geokhentix
    Participant

So, I’ve got Raspbian Wheezy with the latest binary-based install of RetroPie and I used the Setup Script to install the needed Sixaxis drivers for bluetooth. It connects via BT just fine, jstest gives me feedback. However, the profile in

/var/lib/sixad/profiles/default

which is

enable_leds 1
    enable_joystick 1
    enable_input 0
    enable_remote 0
    enable_rumble 1
    enable_timeout 0
    led_n_auto 1
    led_n_number 1
    led_anim 1
    enable_buttons 1
    enable_sbuttons 1
    enable_axis 1
    enable_accel 0
    enable_accon 0
    enable_speed 0
    enable_pos 0

is not being used. Even after reboot, all of my led’s blink, accelerometer still is enabled. I can’t figure it out. Anyone have any hints? Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of geokhentix
    geokhentix
    Participant

Apparently rpi-update is crucial to this step. Silly me.

Profile photo of falsechicken
    falsechicken
    Participant

I seem to be having the same problem. I have run the rpi-update and updated the system via apt. Any specifics on how you fixed it?

EDIT: After using the Setup PS3 controller option in the Retro setup script I updated the firmware. After a reboot the controller now only shows the 1 led. Its nice that it is not blinking all of them anymore but the default profile is still ignored. For example if I edit the profile to disable LEDs all together it still lights up the 1.

Also trying to stop sixad in a variety of ways doesn’t disconnect the controller. I try just running ‘sixad –stop’ or ‘sudo sixad –stop’ and even ‘sudo service sixad stop’. It seems to have no effect on the connection status of the controller :/.

Also I cannot get more than one controller paired at a time. Both have their macs set via sixpair but only one will connect at a time. The other just blinks until it times out. This is considerably harder than expected :/. Using version 2.3.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar