Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Everyone,
    I have a question, I’m sure many of you will find very simple. I apologize for such a simple question.

So I wanted to change my splash screen and I was doing it via sftp. When I tried to upload the file to the sftp I got the “Issue 1.jpg” image telling me I didn’t have permissions. When I went to the home folder – or any folder or file – and tried to change the permissions I got the “issue 2.jpg” image telling me I needed to contact my admin/didn’t have permissions. I need to make the permissions global so I can upload the splash screen to the pi via ftp.

How do I change the permissions for the pi and the various folders and files (Splashscreens, home, etc) via ssh or directly on the Raspberry pi with a keyboard patched in.

Thanks for the help guys!

herbfargus

The easiest way I’ve found is to just log in as user root rather than user pi. The root password is disabled by default with retropie 3.0 but you can easily re-enable it with sudo passwd root then choose a new password, sign in your ftp as root with the new password you created and you should be able to add and change what you need.

retronoob
    Participant

AWESOME! That worked, thanks herbfargus!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.