Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am wanting to setup the hotkey that exits out of the emulators to be hooked up to a dedicated hardware button (specifically the reset button from the guts of a original NES).
    I currently have the power, LED, and original controllers from the original NES all working with help of the Controlblock v2.1, but I am not sure how I can get the hotkey working like this.

Is it possible to hook up the button to one of the GPIO’s and then some how tell the hotkey to look at that GPIO?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

markyh444
    Participant

You are in luck! I’ve just recently found somebody who has done this and I’ve managed to replicate it successfully. See the link in my Custom Build post I’ve just done: ++Shameless Self-Promotion++

I’ve referenced the page I found it on there and it worked flawlessly!

kdbdallas
    Participant

Thanks.

Did you use the python code and crontab that is listed?

I just tried that and it reboots the machine, instead of exiting the emulator…

markyh444
    Participant

Ah,there’s two bits to the post I should’ve been more specific. The script you’re after is the escape.py part not the other. That one works just for exiting the emulator. It’s not the top post, but about 4 or 5 down I’m pretty sure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Peoples Projects’ is closed to new topics and replies.