Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is it possible to have a separate config for the Xbox 360 controllers for the NES emulator? Normally, prefer the buttons to be mapped so that X = X, A = A, etc, but for NES, it would be better if A was A and X was B.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Yes, place a seperate retroarch.cfg in RetroPie/configs/NES/
    This will override the default config in configs/all/

cougar281
    Participant

[quote=7189]Yes, place a seperate retroarch.cfg in RetroPie/configs/NES/<br>
    This will override the default config in configs/all/[/quote]

Thanks, That worked – But still having a problem I can’t figure out – I wanted a way to be able to exit the emulator using the controller – in the config, there is ‘input_exit_emulator = “escape”‘ option. When escape is pressed on the keyboard, it leaves the NES emulator. There is also a ‘input_exit_emulator_btn =’ line that was originally ‘nul’. I changed that to ‘8’ (the Big button between the ‘back’ and ‘start’ buttons), but it does not work – I changed ‘start’ from 7 to 8 and exit from 8 to 7, and start worked fine on 8, but still no exit on 7 – Any ideas why that’s not working?

trimmtrabb
    Participant

To use the exit emulator button you need to assign a hotkey with:

input_enable_hotkey_btn =

cougar281
    Participant

Well, I wasn’t sure what you meant I should add, so I added ‘input_enable_hotkey_btn = “8”‘ in addition to ‘input_exit_emulator_btn = “8”‘ and that works – I assume that’s what you meant…

trimmtrabb
    Participant

The hotkey lets you assign multiple functions to one button, e.g. you could set the hotkey as the start button and exit emulator as the select button so the combination of the two will exit the emulator. There are other functions you can access this way too:

input_save_state_btn =
    input_load_state_btn =
    input_state_slot_increase_btn =
    input_state_slot_decrease_btn =
    input_menu_toggle_btn = (access Retroarch GUI)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.