Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi I’m new here and new to RetroPie but now I have it setup I was wondering if it was possible to use a piface control and display to select and launch your roms from? Also has RetroPie been setup so I can just plug in my retrode 1 and play straight from the cartridge. Thanks

karloss
    Participant

Sadly mate, the answer I believe is no for both answers, though the idea of the piface is cool

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RazorX2014
    Participant

As for the retrode I’m probably gonna have to write a script to do it

karloss
    Participant

Yeah, if u get it working, please share :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RazorX2014
    Participant

Will do at I’m trying to sort retropie out because it stopped booting the roms but going to update doesn’t seem worth it now I’ve started if it’s gonna take 16 hours may as well just start again

RazorX2014
    Participant

OK I’m making some headway Ive got a basic script working that backs up the cartridge now I’m working on one to run the room from the cartridge at it says I’m trying to boot the emulator without a rom but I’m sure I’ll get it working but any help would be appreciated

RazorX2014
    Participant

Got my test setup working now the retrode screen doesn’t show up unless there’s a snes rom extension detected :) I haven’t received my retrode yet as I’ve just bought it the other day but when it comes I will have retropie able to play games straight off it check out my photos I took with my phone the retrode section you see does not interfere with the snes section I will also setup the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis section next.

If someone can delete the first image (the one with the snes dots) it doesn’t seem to want to let me.

RazorX2014
    Participant

ok i have my retrode and playing games straight off the cartridge is working however its not letting me edit the retrode.cfg so i cant save does anyone know a fix for this?

Edit:
    ok i edited it on a laptop so crysis over :) and i think all is well now.
    i can backup my cartridges with 1 click or play straight from them

RazorX2014
    Participant

well there it is all done :) i can now play my “super mario all stars + super mario world” straight from the cartridge on retropie aswell as the ability to dump/restore my save and dump games woohoo all from emustation

RazorX2014
    Participant

if anyones interested in playing roms on there retropie from there retrode let me know i have completed my script letting me play and save my snes games right from the cartridge i also wrote a script for dumping games the script for dumping games runs straight from emulationstation and my save script runs when you boot a snes game from the retrode.

RazorX2014
    Participant

ok i’ve created a setup script to get all this working on retropie all you do is download the zip file and extract the files to the retropies desktop it should extract:

Retrode-Setup.sh
    retrode-script
    retrode-snes.zip
    retrode-megadrive.zip

all you do then is make sure your retrode is connected to your pi and has a snes game slotted in it and if it has a save on the cartridge just back it up to the desktop just incase even though you shouldnt have any issues and make sure you know what its location is ie /dev/sda because the script will ask for it later but without the /dev/ part because it adds that itself then you launch terminal and do cd Desktop then chmod +x Retrode-Setup.sh then ./Retrode-Setup.sh to load up the setup script and it should take you through the process and do pretty much everything for you once complete just launch a rom from the pi not the retrode and change the saves and savestates directories from the ingame gui to the ones it creates then reboot and everything should be working you should now also be able to do the following commands in terminal:

temp = to get the pi’s temperature
    shutdown = to shutdown
    reboot = to reboot
    retrode-conf = to edit the RETRODE.CFG file using leafpad but launched in a way that will let you edit the file successfully.
    retrode-nano = the same as retrode-conf just all edited in the terminal window.

note:
    the first time you load the game from the retrode it will take a little while to load since it will play it directly from the cartridge (maybe 7-8 secs i didnt time it).

if you have any issues let me know..

Please respect the work ive put into this and dont alter my script in anyway or try to pass it off as your own..

RazorX2014
    Participant

Updated To Add Support For Retrode SMS Plugin.
    Also Updated Script.

RazorX2014
    Participant

also i should say its also recommended that you buy a realtime clock module for your raspberry pi.
    i bought one off ebay for 99p and it works now even without the internet connected my raspberry pi keeps the correct time which is good for the script to determine which save is newer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.