Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just installed Eudora theme for ES but now I see sega Genesis showing up twice. One correctly shows the Genesis logo. The other just says “Genesis” in a simple looking font. What do I need to edit so it only displays sega Genesis once in emulation station? I am on retropi version 3.3 if that helps. Thanks!

rookervik
    Participant

“Genesis” showing in a simple font means es_systems.cfg is calling for a system-theme that does not exist inside the ES-Theme you are using.

You can go to your es_systems.cfg and look for the system that is showing up as simple a font and change it’s <theme> </theme> to a working system. If all of that makes sense.

quicksilver
    Participant

It does makes sense, thanks! However, the real problem is that ES is displaying the genesis system twice. Looking in the es_system.cfg I see that there are two system entries for sega genesis. I tried deleting one but upon reboot I got an error message stating the ES could not load properly. I will try to post a copy of my system config when I get home so maybe you can see where the problem is originating from. Thanks again!

quicksilver
    Participant

I think I may have figured it out. I think the problem may have originated from when I changed mega drive to Genesis in the system config before changing the theme to eudora. I believe this created some kind of dummy folder titled “genesis” that essentially linked to the roms in the “megadrive” folder. When the theme was changed to eurdora I think ES displayed both of these folders as separate systems. To fix this, I changed everything back in the system config to the default before changing to the Eudora theme.

rookervik
    Participant

There ya go! Glad you figured it out. Yeah, I don’t know why RetroPie has both Mega Drive and Genesis as separate systems. Yet, doesn’t do the same for Famicom/NES, Super Famicom/SNES, PC Engine/Turbo Grafix and so on. It’s a little confusing. You should have folders for each, and put the roms in whichever system you want to use. Possibly add a readme in the ROMs folder explaining which systems have multiple names depending on region.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.