Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve got a few game listed twice in the sega cd menu and can’t figure out why.

For example Flashback shows as:

Flashback – The Quest For Identity (no artwork shows)
    Flachback: The Quest for Identity (artwork show via scraper)

in the roms folder I have

Flashback – The Quest For Identity.bin
    Flashback – The Quest For Identity.cue

Same for Roadrash

It displays as

Roadrash (no artwork)
    Roadrash (artwork)

In the roms folder

Road Rash.bin
    Road Rash.cue

any ideas why?

robertybob
    Participant

Remove either .bin or .cue from the (SegaCD) Extensions bit in your es_systems.cfg

quicksilver
    Participant

I would suggest removing the .cue extension from the es_system.cfg not the .bin extension. Will the game boot if you launch from the .cue file?

InsecureSpike
    Participant

yup it boots still

labelwhore
    Participant

[quote=116287]I would suggest removing the .cue extension from the es_system.cfg not the .bin extension. Will the game boot if you launch from the .cue file?

[/quote]
    Yes and it’s the only way to get the music working afaik. I’ve removed the .bin from es_systems.cfg.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Worked – removing the .cue extensions did it thanks guys.

dankcushions
    Participant

i get the same thing with PSX files.

i know the fix, but i was thinking – are there any reasons to have things like .cue files in the list of file extensions? as if you a .cue, it would need a .bin to be work anyway, so having .cue and .bin in the extension list will always mean you get 2 images (or can .cues can be linked to a binary file of ANY arbitrary extension?)

as in, are there some of these extensions that could be treated as “pairs” – as long as you had one, you must have the other, so only one needs to be in the list?

just a thought :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.