Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hello. Almost hijacked another therad and don’t wanna do that so I’ll start this instead. Trying to keep thing short.

I followed the guiode here: https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller used third option. Tried several times.

I can never get my second controller to work ingame. It gets found when using jstest. I can use it to navigate emulationstation but ingame it doesnt work anywhere. Editing the /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg doesn’t seem to do much for me. I tried the ways in the guide. It allowes me to use the keymappings and adding them to the /all/emulationstation.cfg file but this does nothing.

Only way to make 1 device work is by running retropie-setup/retropie-setup.sh Configure one device there (Only one of my devices are found here. Even if I reboot with only the “unfindable” controller started it wont get itself configured through retropie-setup.sh

I’ve been dealing with this now for more than 5 hours.. Starting to go a little bit insane. Please somebody shed some light on this topic please. What am I doing wrong. I’m usually not an idiot with these sort of things..

Yes everything is up to date, latest version.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can add that I get this text when I try to configure the input buttons via retropie-setup.ssh

Xbox Gamepad (userspace driver) #2 (0000:0000) on port #1.
    RetroArch: udev_add_pad: [udev]: Pad #1 (/dev/input/event4) supports 0 force feedback effects.
    RetroArch: udev_add_pad: [udev]: Plugged pad: Xbox Gamepad (userspace driver) (0000:0000) on port #2.
    RetroArch: udev_add_pad: [udev]: Pad #2 (/dev/input/event7) supports 0 force feedback effects.
    RetroArch: udev_add_pad: [udev]: Plugged pad: Xbox Gamepad (userspace driver) #2 (0000:0000) on port #3.
    RetroArch: udev_add_pad: [udev]: Pad #3 (/dev/input/event8) supports 0 force feedback effects.
    RetroArch: udev_add_pad: [udev]: Plugged pad: Xbox Gamepad (userspace driver) #3 (0000:0000) on port #4.
    RetroArch: udev_add_pad: [udev]: Pad #4 (/dev/input/event9) supports 0 force feedback effects.
    RetroArch: input_joypad_init_first: Found joypad driver: “udev”.
    Found joypad driver: udev
    Using joypad: Xbox Gamepad (userspace driver)

Don’t see that in any other guide? Something wrong there?

Also I want to add that I just tryed fifa 97 and when selecting 2 player and team my one remote moved both slides on the screen where one is supposed to be moved by 1 controller. Instead my 1 remote moved both and my second controller does noooothing.. Also very strange..

Edit: Okey, now confirmed that when I play 2 player game I move both characters with same controller..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.