Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I normally use the Sselph scraper and if it can’t find an image for the game I use the inbuilt scraper, but neither are working:

In Sselph I get this:

pi@retropie:~/RetroPie/roms/psx $ scraper
    2016/04/04 19:18:31 INFO: Checking for new hash.csv.
    2016/04/04 19:18:31 INFO: hash.csv “5db5b721700b9c87ec273a7820f917ce” up to date.
    It appears that thegamesdb.net isn’t up. If you are sure it is use -skip_check to bypass this error.
    pi@retropie:~/RetroPie/roms/psx $

An using the inbuilt scraper it just fails to return anything and just says no Game found.

Any ideas?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

yes – read the error!

“It appears that thegamesdb.net isn’t up” – the website is offline currently.

herbfargus

Making a warning go away isn’t going to make the database it pulls from go back online. You read the error correctly. Thegamesdb is down. Use ovgb or wait.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Come on guys, I know it says that, I thought we would skip the obvious geez!

I should of said I have been trying for nearly a week, I’ve never known it to be down for so long that’s all.

herbfargus

We have nothing to do with thegamesdb. Take it up with them.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

You are so polite, I will try and do that.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Not sure what else you expect as a reply ? The site is down – it’s not connected to us. Your first post has the error clearly illustrated and it can be confirmed by using a web browser.

It was down longer than a week recently BTW, they have had major hosting issues previously. I have no idea what the problem is this time – possibly their new host has not worked out for them.

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Cheers Buzz, I just didn’t know how this worked, but that makes sense now you have explained it, sorry to have caused an issue, kinda scared to post anything now.

Keep up the good work, a great project.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.