Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I never need to back up my games, just saves, would be great to have these in a folder for quick and simple backups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floob

You can set the path you want to save to using this variable (remove the #)
    # savestate_directory =

It can be found in
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Or if you want to do it on a per system basis, put it in the systems retroarch.cfg
    /opt/retropie/configs/{systemname}/retroarch.cfg

turnipeater
    Participant

Thanks for the reply floob, I tried to do this and followed your instructions, however saves are not saving at all and save states are saving to the default rom folder. This is happening whether I change the save location or not

Floob

If you upload /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg to pastebin.com I can take a look if you like.

turnipeater
    Participant

Hi hopefully this works http://pastebin.com/ENSBGtwm

turnipeater
    Participant

If it helps, I can save an load I game until I quit and reload the emulator, I have tried psx and snes and having these issues and also get a retroarch recovery file created in home/pi every time I load and exit an emulator which contains gobbledygook very frustrating!

Floob

What do you mean ‘retroarch recovery file’?
    Have you watched this one to see how srm files are used?

Have you made sure that user pi can write to this directory you created?
    /home/pi/RetroPie/Saves/

turnipeater
    Participant

I’m not sure if the retroarch recovery file which is being written is anything to do with this issue however I do see errors saving gameslist.xml which may indicate an issue with retropie writing to this location. How would I check if the pi has access to this location?

I watched the video and can confirm that I followed all steps I should have (my 3.0 installation worked faultlessly but the 2 3.2.1 installations I have done have been problematic)

Strangely it doesn’t answer the question of why the pi is completely ignoring the request to write to a different location and instead is writing save states to the rom folder yet .srm files fail completely. Maybe there is an issue with cleanly exiting the emulator…

Ultimately I can’t see what I have done wrong here, the problem is strange in that my retroarch.cfg seems to be being ignored and .srms are failing but states are saving. The best option for me may be to redownload 3.2.1 sd card image, install onto sd, add a rom and test again. I don’t think it would be but the issue could be caused by importing old scraped data from the sselph scraper or something…

If you have any other ideas I would be interested to hear them! Thanks so much for your help so far though!

Floob

How did you create the new folders?
    I’m not sure what you mean by retroarch recovery file?

turnipeater
    Participant

I created the folder through Midnight Commander (File Manage in the retropie folder). I have since done a clean install and only transferred 1 rom over and it worked. I don’t know why but I think the issue has to do with the gameslist.xml I copied over as I was getting errors for these. I will try rescrape get using the sselph scraper and see if I can get a working gameslist.xml

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.