Got my RPi2 2 couple of weeks ago…. and think its time to fresh install given that things seemed to have calmed down a little. My previous setup had Roms reading from USB with gamelists saved within respective folder using some of Floob’s manual scrapping tutorials. I figured this is a good way to head just incase the SD gives out…. updates etc…
Previously I used the following links to set it up…. however not sure if they were correct / working properly.
I would like to know if anyone can point me in the direction of a complete up to date tutorial to do the following:- (note, I know how to point to the emulators… along with Mame cfg path etc)
– How to format USB to Rpi. (Previously I used Fat32)
– How to setup permissions.
– How to point windows samba share to the USB.
– How to use Floob’s manual scrape within USB rom folder. (previously it returned Level 10 errors…. tag-mismatch on gamelist)
– How to transfer previous High Scores / History in Mame.(a mate clocked up a massive score in Galaga…. epic)