Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I did move the rom folder to a USB3 128Gb Sandisk key to have several systems’ full rom sets available. Used the symbolic link way.It works, also scraping did work. But every time emulation station starts, it takes at least 10 minutes at 100% CPU util to, I believe, scan the ROM folders.
    I’ve understood it’s necessary to save the gamelist at closure (to save stats and more), but is there any way to prevent the scan during the startup, and to force it manually only when necessary?

Found this thread but never resolved apparently:
    https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation/issues/370

Anybody aware of a solution?

Thanks a lot
    Jona

zerojay
    Participant

As has been said several times in the forums, the scraping is the cause of the long pause. There is no fix currently for it, though one will eventually be worked on, I believe. The fix in the meantime is not to scrape your ROMs.

jona1975
    Participant

[quote=121189]As has been said several times in the forums, the scraping is the cause of the long pause. There is no fix currently for it, though one will eventually be worked on, I believe. The fix in the meantime is not to scrape your ROMs.

[/quote]

Sorry, searched the forum for hours but unable to find out. Please help my understanding: is ES scraping automatically every time is started? Or scraped roms are extensively verified at startup?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.