[Solved][RP 3.2] 2 Axis, 8 button controller d-pad problems (iBuffalo)

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie [Solved][RP 3.2] 2 Axis, 8 button controller d-pad problems (iBuffalo)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  deftoner 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

blackris
    Participant

Today I installed the new RetroPie 3.2 on my Raspberry Pi 2 and encountered a strange problem with my iBuffalo Classic USB Gamepad.

It worked fine on all older RetroPie versions and RetroArch on my notebook. But with RP 3.2, the d-pad isn’t working anymore … kind of. Everything works fine in Emulationstation, in the ncurses menus, I even can navigate the runcommand menu. But when the game starts, the d-pad axis don’t work. To be accurate: I can switch the savestates by using the hotkey button in combination with left or right. But otherwise, I get no response. Pressing buttons in RGUI? No problem. But using the d-pad? No chance.

I configured the gamepad via Emulationstation, tried the RetroArch Autoconfig, looked for something messed up in the retroarch.cfg, deleted the cfg for the gamepad a few times – nothing helps.

This is a rather odd problem. My Xbox 360 gamepad works as it should (but you know, it has a veery crappy d-pad). Any help would be appreciated, thx in advance. 🙂

This content is blocked. Accept cookies to view the content.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

There were some new config changes added, that may be the cause. Please edit

/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg and remove the lines at the end

input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = 1
    input_player2_analog_dpad_mode = 1
    input_player3_analog_dpad_mode = 1
    input_player4_analog_dpad_mode = 1
    input_player5_analog_dpad_mode = 1
    input_player6_analog_dpad_mode = 1
    input_player7_analog_dpad_mode = 1
    input_player8_analog_dpad_mode = 1

and see if that helps.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I can confirm the problem too – apologies. I should have checked this change before putting out 3.2.

blackris
    Participant

Yes, it works.

Thanks for the awesome work, improving RP! 👍

1nsane
    Participant

Oh wow, I picked the wrong day to start again with my project. I did a full reinstall (3.2) but couldnt get my DPad on my Tomee Snes controller to work.

This simple fix helped though!

Thanks,

deftoner
    Participant

GUI? No problem. But using the d-pad? No ch

Man I was going crazy! I received my raspi2 2 days ago with the snes like pads. I was going crazy. The joystick worked fine on the menu but on the game the dpad doen’t work! I follow every single guide on the internet. I re writed the sd, I build from sources…

Thanks.

This works for me. After I deleted that lines I had to reconfigure the joystick from the emulator menu.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use cookies to personalise site content, social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of this site with our advertising and social media partners.