Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was wondering if there is anyway to transfer roms from my brothers retropie, sd-card, to my retropie, sd-card?

herbfargus

You can just clone the sd card with win32diskimager and reimage yours with the ad you cloned or if you only want the roms you can copy them to your pc and then copy them to your pi with winscp or the likes.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation#transferring-roms

There is probably a way to transfer between the pi’s as well over the network but I haven’t done it myself

mtume
    Participant

He has got an older version of the retropie so I only want to copy the roms. When I put his sd in my PC I couldnt find or see the roms. How do I find and copy them?

herbfargus

You have to connect over samba shares or winscp. It’s on the guide I posted. Your windows pc won’t read Linux partitions so you have to transfer them over the network.

mtume
    Participant

I only have his sd, not the rasberry. Can it still be done?

Floob

Boot the SD in your Pi (assuming you both have Pi1 or both have Pi2) and then follow the link herbfargus gave.

mtume
    Participant

Will this overwrite the games I already have on my sd/retropie?

Floob

Not too sure I understand.
    Put the SD card in your Pi, copy them off via FTP – check link above.
    Put your own card in the Pi, and copy over the games/roms you want.

Any files named the same would get overwritten (although you would get prompted I imagine).
    So you may get duplicates if the filenames are different.

mtume
    Participant

Thanks

I did it like this :)

I put my brothers card in my rasberry. Connected it to my home network. And then I could see and copy the roms on to my PC desktop. Without any of the programs suggested in the guide. Then I tranfserred the roms from my PC to my rasberry with a usb stick.

Thanks you for all your help and input :)

Retropie is a trip ??

herbfargus

Those are called samba shares and they are listed in the guide as well.

Glad you got it sorted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.