Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello!

I´m new in this forum. I have Raspberry Pi 2 with OpenElec (with a small SD for System partition and Storage partition in USB). I would like to habe Retropie too with the same SD and USB. Is it posible? I would like to execute Retropie from OpenElec. A dual boot will get too.

Thank you!

Mutex
    Participant

You can’t use openeelec with retropie per se. What you can do is a dualboot setup. Either use Noobs with a Rasbian/OpenElec installation or use Berryboot with the same (i think there’s a Retropie 2.6 squashfs (needed for Berryboot) floating around in these forums). Beware that Noobs will default to splitting your sd card “in half”, every os-partition will be the same size.
    Alternatively you can just install Kodi on a Retropie Installation.

nadalowsky
    Participant

[quote=91873] Alternatively you can just install Kodi on a Retropie Installation.[/quote]

How could I do that? With Kodi on a Retropie Installation can I install all the addons I have in OpenElec? Will be Kodi slower?

Mutex
    Participant

There’s an option in the retropie_setup script, I think in the experimental subfolder. I think you can install all addons since it installs a full Kodi installation. It could be slower than a separately installed OpenElec, since OpenElec is a bare-bones Kodi without much in the background (no complete Rasbian running) and is optimized to run exactly that, Kodi, but I’m not sure. Last time I tried that, it ran pretty smoothly but could have been a bit slower and laggier than a separate installation.

nadalowsky
    Participant

I will like test it.

Thank you!

gizmo98
    Participant

If you need openelec + retroarch search for lakka. I don’t think there will be a retropie kodi integration. We use debian based distributions + emulationstation as a front end.

nadalowsky
    Participant

[quote=91892]If you need openelec + retroarch search for lakka. I don’t think there will be a retropie kodi integration. We use debian based distributions + emulationstation as a front end.[/quote]

Lakka is a distribution with OpenElec basis but hat integration with kodi?

Mutex
    Participant

Lakka is a retroarch distribution that is forked from openElec. It seems that it only supports playing retroarch cores and not any standard kodi features. I don’t know if there is any plan to add normal kodi to lakka.

I found a tweet from lakka.tv that said that if you want to use kodi you need to install openelec…

Tweet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.