Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all, I recently got a new raspberry pi 2 and installed retro-pie on it. Having used most other versions of retropie, I quickly had 7 systems set up with at least 100 games each. Upon rebooting the pi after the splashscreen went away the command read FAILED in red fallowed by some text i couldn’t read, and rebooted the system. After the pi rebooted entire sets of roms were gone, all of NES, SNES, Genisis. Brushing it off as a glitch I recopied the roms and upon another reboot, Genesis, Atari, and mame. The roms are in alphabetical folders called A-G, H-R, and S-Z respectively.

The question is why are my games being deleted by retro pie 3, it is really disappointing to have to reinstall most my roms upon a reboot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So just to ask, are you placing them in retro pie by USB? Or by ftp?

smithers
    Participant

Sounds to me like a folder permissions thing. If you go into the RetroPie Setup Script you should find a ‘reset ownership of roms’ (something like that). Run that and it should fix the permissions to your rom directories.

Its easy to mess up directory permissions in Linux, especially if copying files from a Windows machine. If the RetroPie script mentioned above does not work then you may need to do it manually via the command line but try the above first and see how you get on.

n2o1gaming
    Participant

This fixed the issue, thanks for the help. Hadn’t considered permissions due to this same filesystem working in retro pie 1 and 2.

n2o1gaming
    Participant

Okay running the permission thing fixed the roms, but then partially deleted riecast and cavestory on the next boot, now emulation-station freaks out and takes 4 reboots to return to normal operation. What is happening to my pi?

Also the retropie splashcreen loads to an error screen then returns to console.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.