Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just wanted to know, if we install using the binarys, how far behind the source release is that? are there any major issues/difference between the two?

thanks

Karl

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The current binaries are from the beginning of May. Unfortunately, I do not follow the development of all components that can be installed with the RetroPie Script so that I cannot tell you the differences to the most recent versions.

Since it takes a very long time to do the installation with the sources, I do recommend to start with the binaries and to use the source-based installation only for selected component later on, e.g., in case of updates or troubleshooting.

karloss
    Participant

Hi Petrock,

I have managed to near enough make a working RetroPie image for Berryboot, but I had an issue when compiling from source, it said that DGEN and PSX Core failed to complie, quite a pain, as it took hours to complie it all in the first place..

am I able to just re-run the setup, and deselect eveything apart from the DGEN options and the PSX Core, will this recomplie these and hopefully get them working while not messing up anything else?

thanks

Karl

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Yes – you can use the source-based installation and just select DGEN and the PSX emulator!
    I plan to update the script and downloads at the beginning of next week. Maybe something related to those emulators has changed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.